Wednesday 6 November 2013

Final Digipak

Here is the final copy of my digipak. I have only changed slight details in order for it to be complete, these include;
- Increasing the quality of the file to the highest setting possible
- Changing the size, style and the position of the barcode
- Removing one of the record companies
- Including a catalogue number
I also added black panelling along the edges of the CD case, so when it is folded it creates a boxed effect with a clean cut and black edge.


Originally the poster had a black border with the band name 'INFLUXX' in a bold typeface. I decided that this took the focus and attention off of the actual artwork itself. My feedback also suggested that the border didn't seem relevant, and would be better without it. The sizing of the poster before was A3, however when I printed it out the image was blurred and looked too stretched. Therefore I decided to make the poster square, which is similar to The XX's posters. This makes the  image clearer and bolder. I had the idea that including a slot in the digipak where I would include the poster within the CD case. The poster will fold up to the same sizing of the digipak, and the consumer will be able to take it out of the slot, and use the poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment