Wednesday 6 November 2013

Minimalistic Approach Taken from My AS (Year 12) Work


The minimalistic style I have decided to use in both my digipak & magazine advert has come from my year 12 (AS) magazine coursework (DWNLD). The coursework I completed last year was very successful, I proved that the conventions I used in my music magazine worked well through my extensive research and planning. 
At the start of this year we all agreed as a group to take forward my fictitious band from AS (Influxx) in this year's coursework project. Although a member of the band was changed and the genre of their music was slightly altered, Influxx still exist in our A2 music video coursework. 
The success of my magazine coursework last year is what led me to the decision of taking the same style from DWNLD (mono-tonal, simplistic and minimalistic) and incorporating it into my digipak and magazine advert. The minimalistic and simplistic approach on my digipak and magazine advert wasn't an idea that I just decided to take forward, I have proven in the past that it can work successfully to create a professional and 'polished' looking piece of work that uses a simplistic yet bold style and this is why I have made the decision to carry it forward in my A2 coursework. 
Below are images of my final magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread that emulate the simplistic yet bold style that links my my coursework this year:



Link to my AS blog: http://megkielylccw13.blogspot.co.uk/


Below is the exam board's comments on my AS magazine coursework:

No comments:

Post a Comment