Friday 11 October 2013

DigiPak and magazine advert photo shoot

I have planned a photo shoot on Monday with INFLUXX (Ellie & Alex) to take some images for my DigiPak and magazine advert. I plan to use the same minimalist & polished look that I used last year in my AS coursework when styling INFLUXX for my magazine. I also want to use the same style of photography as last year (Terry Richardson & Viktor Vauthier) using a stark and bold style that is honest to the camera. I have proved before that this is a successful way of capturing INFLUXX and suits their style and genre of music well and it is also something that I know i can achieve to a high standard that also looks professional and sophisticated.
In post production I also plan to edit my images and create a distorted/out of focus image (using Photoshop and layering transparent images over one another), i'm not 100% sure whether or not this will work well but i still plan to experiment with the images I take before producing my final draft to submit next Friday.
I am also going to dress Ellie & Alex in the same style wearing all back to stick to the mono tonal look of the music video and the minimalist style of the band. I am also going to do the same hair and makeup as i did last year.
Ellie: straight hair, basic face makeup (foundation & concealer) to improve her complexion in the stark light, highlighter on the cheek bones, highlighting eyeshadow, mascara, eyebrow powder (to define the shape and contour of her eyebrows) and red lipstick.
Alex: basic face makeup (concealer & foundation) to improve his complexion in the stark lighting.

My year 12 AS Work:







Examples of Terry Richardson's work:





Viktor Vauthier's work:





I will update the blog on Tuesday with the images I take and then begin to insert them into a Digipak frame playing around with different positions, lighting, cropping and frames.


No comments:

Post a Comment