Tuesday 15 October 2013

Digipak and Poster Rough Draft

Digipak Draft


Poster Draft


Displayed above is a draft of both my digipak and poster which will accompany our final music video. Overall, I am largely displeased with both of these drafts and will make numerous changes to the products when revisiting them after they have been marked, proceeding half term. 

The digipak is probably my least favourite of the two for a variety of reasons. The image I used on the front cover isn't lit particularly well and the framing of the image is slightly off centre (a mistake that was made in the post production stage while cropping the photograph). Although as a group we aim to collectively market our band in a sophisticated, simplistic and minimalist manner, I feel that my digipak is too plain and appears unfinished and empty. When amending my digipak this is a problem I'll hope to solve by considering the design of the, currently, blank panels. I am also dissatisfied with the font I have used and will consider downloading one from DaFont as oppose to simply using those already on Photoshop. As a result of the poorly lit photo, I decided to make the rest of my digipak grey to correspond with the front cover. This is an element of my design that I also hope to change as I would, ideally, like my digipak to be white or black. Consequently, I hope to perhaps take more images of the models for our band- ensuring that the lighting is effective and I will also reconsider the fonts used and perhaps some aspects of the layout. In terms of the poster, there are also features which I hope to alter. Alike my digipak, I also dislike the fonts used on my poster and will research more suitable texts for the final product. Additionally, the pattern I created on photoshop for the text (by manipulating a photograph I had previously taken) may be adjusted on photoshop later so that the colours are more vibrant and the image sharper.

No comments:

Post a Comment