Friday 18 October 2013

Research on posters

As I am wanting to make a poster that is square, I am researching other bands and artists that do this, in order to gain inspiration from the layout and the way artwork or images have been presented. 
I have vigorously searched for bands and artists with square posters, but have failed to find enough. The only bands I have found that do this are The XX and Tame Impala. 
The reasons why I want to create a poster that is square, is because it doesn't follow the usual conventions of a typical poster. Most posters that I researched were A3. 

Tame Impala
The XX

I need more inspiration from other posters which fits with the genre of INFLUXX. Initially for the poster I don't want writing of any kind on the poster, I like the minimalistic approach to posters. I am also researching the more artistic side of the posters, in terms of editing and some conceptual photography. 





I found that most of the posters were extremely different from the the CD covers, therefore I could be taking a risk that it is too similar. 






No comments:

Post a Comment